Welcome to our Talk-Sport to enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member
Join: 12/09/2009(UTC)
Location: ST Dragons . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2013 = 1987th (#76)

#1 Posted : Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:48:08 PM(UTC)
Hey SC dudes.

I'm in the process of setting up the 2014 SuperCoach Thread.

Bullbender has agreed to help organise the SC leagues.

I will grab the first 5 posts for any admin purpose that may arise.

Bullbender will grab the net 5 posts (Posts 6-10) for the same purposes.

Could everyone please refrain from posting in this thread until Bullbender and I have BOTH grabbed our 5 admin posts.

I will create an entry list for the SC leagues AFTER Bullbender has grabbed his 5 posts. (I assume he will do this sometime tomorrow, i.e. Wednesday).

Thanks, ST Very Happy

Edited by user Thursday, 13 March 2014 11:32:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ST removed temporary sticky

sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#2 Posted : Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:48:35 PM(UTC)
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#3 Posted : Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:49:00 PM(UTC)
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#4 Posted : Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:49:21 PM(UTC)
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#5 Posted : Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:49:43 PM(UTC)

EDIT: Now it's Bullbender's turn.

Please do NOT post in this thread until AFTER Bullbender has grabbed his 5 admin posts.

Edited by user Tuesday, 28 January 2014 10:53:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group
Join: 12/01/2012(UTC)
Location: On Josh Dugans Roof 2013 = 87th overall (Sportal = 8th) Apologies in advance League 1

#6 Posted : Wednesday, 29 January 2014 5:53:57 AM(UTC)
bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group
Location: On Josh Dugans Roof 2013 = 87th overall (Sportal = 8th) Apologies in advance League 1

#7 Posted : Wednesday, 29 January 2014 5:55:05 AM(UTC)
bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group

#8 Posted : Wednesday, 29 January 2014 5:56:06 AM(UTC)
bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group

#9 Posted : Wednesday, 29 January 2014 5:56:57 AM(UTC)
bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group

#10 Posted : Wednesday, 29 January 2014 6:00:41 AM(UTC)
jimbob03
jimbob03
Seasoned Campaigner
Join: 30/06/2010(UTC)

#11 Posted : Wednesday, 29 January 2014 8:18:54 PM(UTC)
good work cheers mate

Shanbon
Shanbon
Guru
Moderator, Member
Join: 14/03/2008(UTC)

#12 Posted : Friday, 31 January 2014 3:44:21 PM(UTC)
I found this the hardest by far to get a good team, the salary cap stayed at 5mil, 1.2mil less then NRL but the new guys or SL players are all way more expensive.
thehench
thehench
Veteran
Join: 17/06/2013(UTC)

#13 Posted : Friday, 31 January 2014 6:02:31 PM(UTC)
I still can't join.

I've tried DT, Courier mail and foxsports sites. Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari. news.com account and facebook account.
JustSam
JustSam
Hall of Famer
Join: 7/07/2007(UTC)

#14 Posted : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 11:57:28 AM(UTC)
Is there league codes yet?
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#15 Posted : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 9:06:16 PM(UTC)
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM FOR ORGANISED SPORTAL LEAGUES IN NRL SUPERCOACH 2014

(Please do not delete the 3 black asterisks, positioned in front of the heading, when you the delete the "quote=" command.)

INSTRUCTIONS:

If you would like to be included in an organised Sportal league in 2014, please add your details to one of the two entry lists below. LIST 1 is for people who played NRL SuperCoach in 2013, regardless of whether or not they were in a Sportal league. LIST 2 is for newbies, i.e. those who did not play NRL SuperCoach in 2013.

Place your entry immediately after the previous entry on the list that is relevant to you. Remember to include the order number of your entry immediately before your 2013 ranking (this is to ensure that a person's entry is not accidently lost along the way).

DO NOT "COPY AND PASTE" THIS LIST! (Otherwise links to screenshots will be stuffed and made useless.)

INSTEAD:

1. "QUOTE" THE MOST RECENT POSTING OF THIS ENTRY SHEET (i.e. by using the "quote" button, which is located towards the top right of the relevant post)

2. DELETE THE MATCHING PAIR OF QUOTE COMMANDS, which are located at the beginning and end of the quoted post (Otherwise the next poster will not be able to "quote" your post.)

3. ADD YOUR ENTRY TO THE RELEVANT LIST, AND THEN HIT "POST".

NB: Anyone who wishes to fix up an incorrect post, will need to go back and quote the last uncorrupted post, and then make sure they include all the entries/changes that have been made since that point in time.

NRL SUPERCOACH 2014 - ENTRY LISTS FOR SPORTAL LEAGUES

LIST 1 (screenshot and/or supporting info REQUIRED)

For people who played NRL SuperCoach in 2013, regardless of whether or not they were in a Sportal league.

At the start of 2010, arsenal12 gave the following instructions for POSTING LINKS TO SCREENSHOTS:

"Instructions for registering your DT details. This is purely to help us reduce cheats that ruin it for everyone and to organize the leagues."
1. Login to the NRL SuperCoach website and find your "Team" page, which has your SC team's information.

2. Hit print screen, e.g. "PRTSC" (towards the top right of your keyboard).

3. Hit "START" or Windows icon (at bottom left of screen). Find "ACCESSORIES" in "All Programs", and then open "PAINT."

4. Paste the screen print into Paint. Use the "select" tool in Paint to cut a box (i.e. "rectangular section"Wink around the section that contains your team name, score, ranking, etc on the SC Team page. (We dont need the rest.)

5. Go to "File", select "New", and then "Paste" into a new Paint file. Go to "Save As", select desktop as the target (use any suitable file name).

6. Google "Image shack" (or a similar online file storage platform), select "media upload", hit the grey "browse" button, select the relevant file from your "desktop", then hit the blue "upload now" button. (NB: You may need to login or register with Imageshack before you can access your file in Imageshack.) After your file has loaded, copy and paste the link beside the heading "Directlink" with your details on the Entry List in this thread . . . finished!

KEY: Entry order number = 2013 overall SC ranking = Sportal Username = last season's (2013) SC team name = this season's (2014) intended SC team name = screenshot (if available) = additional supporting information (optional)

0 = UNKNOWN = sebastian tombs = UNKNOWN = ST Dragons = no screenshot = can't remember my 2013 details
1 =

LIST 2 (screenshot NOT required) Newbies - didn't play NRL SuperCoach in 2013 but would like to be part of a newbie's league in 2014.

KEY: Entry order number = NEW = Sportal Username = this season's (2014) intended SC team name = comment (optional)

0 = NEW = sebastian tombs = ST Dragons = just a sample (not really a newbie)
1 =

AREA FOR COMMENTS BY CURRENT POSTER (Please delete previous poster's comment.)

ST: Created this entry form for SC 2014. Go for it guys. Very Happy

bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group

#16 Posted : Friday, 7 February 2014 10:32:07 PM(UTC)

(Please do not delete the 3 black asterisks, positioned in front of the heading, when you the delete the "quote=" command.)

INSTRUCTIONS:

If you would like to be included in an organised Sportal league in 2014, please add your details to one of the two entry lists below. LIST 1 is for people who played NRL SuperCoach in 2013, regardless of whether or not they were in a Sportal league. LIST 2 is for newbies, i.e. those who did not play NRL SuperCoach in 2013.

Place your entry immediately after the previous entry on the list that is relevant to you. Remember to include the order number of your entry immediately before your 2013 ranking (this is to ensure that a person's entry is not accidently lost along the way).

DO NOT "COPY AND PASTE" THIS LIST! (Otherwise links to screenshots will be stuffed and made useless.)

INSTEAD:

1. "QUOTE" THE MOST RECENT POSTING OF THIS ENTRY SHEET (i.e. by using the "quote" button, which is located towards the top right of the relevant post)

2. DELETE THE MATCHING PAIR OF QUOTE COMMANDS, which are located at the beginning and end of the quoted post (Otherwise the next poster will not be able to "quote" your post.)

NB: Anyone who wishes to fix up an incorrect post, will need to go back and quote the last uncorrupted post, and then make sure they include all the entries/changes that have been made since that point in time.

For people who played NRL SuperCoach in 2013, regardless of whether or not they were in a Sportal league.

At the start of 2010, arsenal12 gave the following instructions for POSTING LINKS TO SCREENSHOTS:

"Instructions for registering your DT details. This is purely to help us reduce cheats that ruin it for everyone and to organize the leagues."
1. Login to the NRL SuperCoach website and find your "Team" page, which has your SC team's information.

3. Hit "START" or Windows icon (at bottom left of screen). Find "ACCESSORIES" in "All Programs", and then open "PAINT."

4. Paste the screen print into Paint. Use the "select" tool in Paint to cut a box (i.e. "rectangular section"Wink around the section that contains your team name, score, ranking, etc on the SC Team page. (We dont need the rest.)

5. Go to "File", select "New", and then "Paste" into a new Paint file. Go to "Save As", select desktop as the target (use any suitable file name).

6. Google "Image shack" (or a similar online file storage platform), select "media upload", hit the grey "browse" button, select the relevant file from your "desktop", then hit the blue "upload now" button. (NB: You may need to login or register with Imageshack before you can access your file in Imageshack.) After your file has loaded, copy and paste the link beside the heading "Directlink" with your details on the Entry List in this thread . . . finished!

KEY: Entry order number = 2013 overall SC ranking = Sportal Username = last season's (2013) SC team name = this season's (2014) intended SC team name = screenshot (if available) = additional supporting information (optional)

0 = UNKNOWN = sebastian tombs = UNKNOWN = ST Dragons = no screenshot = can't remember my 2013 details
1 = 1310 =bullbender = blackndeadlybrah= unknown

LIST 2 (screenshot NOT required) Newbies - didn't play NRL SuperCoach in 2013 but would like to be part of a newbie's league in 2014.

KEY: Entry order number = NEW = Sportal Username = this season's (2014) intended SC team name = comment (optional)

1 =

Rooster Booster
Rooster Booster
Team Player
Join: 22/05/2010(UTC)

#17 Posted : Monday, 10 February 2014 1:00:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bullbender Go to Quoted Post

INSTRUCTIONS:

INSTEAD:

1 = 1310 =bullbender = blackndeadlybrah= unknown
2 = 3000? = Rooster Booster = CALIFORNIA KINGS

1 =

RB - Couldn't find my Ranking but I'm pretty sure it was in the 3 Thousand's

Edited by user Monday, 10 February 2014 1:02:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hannah2
Hannah2
Leadership Group
Join: 18/02/2012(UTC)

#18 Posted : Thursday, 13 February 2014 6:07:18 AM(UTC)
I just began to register for SC, needs input of lots of personal details and info on the right of the screen claim the Telegraph can share the details with just about anyone! Does this concern anyone else? Am I simply being a girl? Do people give real phone numbers etc?
bullbender
bullbender
Leadership Group

#19 Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 6:46:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hannah2 Go to Quoted Post
I just began to register for SC, needs input of lots of personal details and info on the right of the screen claim the Telegraph can share the details with just about anyone! Does this concern anyone else? Am I simply being a girl? Do people give real phone numbers etc?

They have really screwed up the registration and site this year and when you sign up your actually signing up for the telegragh not supercoach. In short i am concerned but at the end of the day im a fantasy junkie and want to play supercoach. I used my work phone number so if by chance i win something they can get hold of me(if email isnt sufficient) but if they want to sell stuff they will have to go through a few other people first and chances are i wont be on so they can leave a message.
sebastian tombs
sebastian tombs
Hall of Famer
Moderator, Member

#20 Posted : Friday, 14 February 2014 7:31:58 AM(UTC)

I haven't even tried to register a SC team, and I'm not intending to play SC anyway.

It looks like SC is almost dead, as far as Sportal is concerned.